Independent Living Services
In Georgia and throughout America, the Centers for Independent Living (CILs) provide training, coaching and resources to individuals experiencing barriers to independent living due to one or more disabilities.
In Georgia, CILs and their service providers can be found in the following cities:
|Augusta||Walton Options for Independent Living|
|Bainbridge||Bainbridge Individual Advocacy Network|
|Columbus||Access 2 Independence|
|Demorest||Disability Resource Center|
|Rome||Northwest Georgia Center for Independent Living|
|Savannah||Living Independence for Everyone|
The state has designated the GVRA to oversee federal funding for the CILs and work closely with the State Independent Living Council (SILC) and the nine participating CILs to execute the State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL).
Services and Activities
The CILs offer counseling, including psychological, psychotherapeutic, and related services, as well as community and group living, and adaptive housing services, in addition to
- Information and referral
- Independent living skills training
- Peer counseling
- Transition services for those moving from nursing homes and other institutions to the community,
- Assistance for those at risk of entering institutions
- Transition support for youth seeking post-secondary education.
- Statewide Independent Living Council
- State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL)
- Administration for Community Living (ACL)
- Primary: (844) FOR-GVRA (+1 844-367-4872)
- Email: [email protected]