The Application Process
There are several ways to apply for benefits
- Visit the SSA website at www.socialsecurity.gov to apply online.
- Call or visit any Social Security office to schedule an appointment.
- Contact SSA toll-free at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778).
When you apply for benefits, you will be asked to
- Describe your disabling condition;
- Give information about where you have received treatment for your disability;
- Give information about your medications;
- Give information about your education and past work experience; and
- Authorize release of your records to be used in making the disability decision.
- For more information about the Disability Adjudication Services, contact DAS Constituent Services at 678-639-2100.
Become a DAS Provider
(For providers interested in performing medical exams for disability claimants)