755 Battery Ave SE
Atlanta, GA 30339
The Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency (GVRA) is inviting 2,000 students to participate in career exploration and other activities with the Atlanta Braves at Truist Park!
The Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency (GVRA) is inviting 2,000 students to participate in career exploration and other activities with the Atlanta Braves at Truist Park! This event, along with a reserved ticket to attend the Braves games, is free to eligible Georgia high school students with a disability.
This unique experience offers students an opportunity to learn about careers, engage and network with key Atlanta Braves staff, and receive career coaching and self-advocacy training – all in one day! Students also will learn about Vocational Rehabilitation services offered by GVRA, with details about how to apply.
Event Location: Atlanta Braves Truist Park
Event Date: Sunday, June 30, 2024
Time: 1:30 p.m.
What Students Can Expect
- Career Exploration – A panel of park staff invited by the Atlanta Braves organization will engage and share information with students about work opportunities.
- Work-Based Learning Experiences – This onsite activity will help students connect their experiences at Truist Park to future career options.
- Post-Secondary Education Counseling – Students will receive information related to attending college and other post-secondary opportunities for which GVRA can assist.
- Workplace Readiness Training – Speakers will engage students about soft skills needed for employment.
- Instruction in Self-Advocacy – Atlanta Braves panelists will coach students on the importance of self-advocacy.
How You Can Attend GVRA Day with the Atlanta Braves
Contact your school’s GVRA Pre-ETS provider or representative to apply. Deadline for sign-up is May 17th, 2024.
For more information, call the GVRA Customer Care team at (844) 367-4872.