Updating Employee Information

Employee Self Service

Employee Self Service (ESS) allows you to view and change some of your personal information.  When logging into ESS for the first time:  User ID: Employee ID Number - Password: Social Security without the dashes. ** This will prompt you to reset your password and create 3 security questions.

 From ESS you can:

Enter time and request time off
View and print pay stubs
Change your tax withholdings
Change or activate your direct deposit information
Change your mailing address

The ESS functions require you to log into the network. Here are a few recommendations:

Access and make changes to this information in a secure way
Use caution when logging into the network
Ensure you print documents to a secured printer location
Make sure that you logout when you are finished with your access

Update Employee Personal Information

Name Change Instructions
All employees who require a name change must complete the GVRA Employee Data Change Request Form and return it to the Office of Human Resources – Operations and Benefits Unit along with a clear photocopy of the Social Security Card showing the new name. Employees may download the name change form and instructions by clicking the link below.

Name information for all core benefits including Health Insurance, Flexible Benefits (Vision, Dental, etc.) and Life Insurance are updated automatically once The Office of Human Resources receives the GVRA Employee Data Change Request Form.

Employees who have other benefit plans through UNC Health Care should contact the representative for the specific plan. For example, employees participating in a voluntary retirement savings plan should contact their account representative.

Change of Beneficiary Instructions

Designation for Outstanding Wages Form

GVRA offers employees the option of designating a beneficiary to receive the employee’s final pay check in the event of the employee’s death while employed.  Please complete the Designation for Outstanding Wages Form to make changes to beneficiaries.

Met Life Insurance

Employees participating in Met Life or AD&D Insurance must log into the GABreeze Portal to update your beneficiaries. 

Employees’ Retirement System

Employees participating in the Employees’ Retirement System may update their beneficiaries by logging into their account at ERS Account Portal. 

Change of Withholding & Exemptions Instructions

To change your payroll withholding exemptions, please log in to Employee Self Service to update Federal and State Tax withholdings.  If you do not have web access complete the following forms and fax to the Office of Human Resources 404-232-1968:

Changes Direct Deposit

To change your banking information, please log in to Employee Self Service to update direct deposit information.

**When changing direct deposit information through employee self service employees will receive a paper check on the following pay date after the change.

All checks are mailed out on pay day. 

Click here to download the Direct Deposit Form.

Updating your information in Outlook

To update your information in Outlook, follow the steps below: Log on to the URL below at:


You will have to enter the following information:

o    Your User ID (which is your AD Number)

o    Password - is your Windows Password

o    Domain – CORP

o    Type in the encrypted security code as shown on the screen

o    Click on Login

o    Select a couple of security questions and answers

o    Check out the My Info Tab

o    You should be in the system to update your personal information

1.     Update your Work Address

2.     Update your Work Title

3.     Update your Office Phone Number

4.     Update your Fax Number

5.     Make sure you click the UPDATE BUTTON at the bottom


NOTE: Keep in mind the update may take an overnight update before you see the change.