Older Blind Services (“OIB”)
State independent living services are addressed at Subchapter VII, Part B of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, which begins at 20 USC §796j et seq.
34 CFR Part 367
Implementing federal regulations for Independent Living Services for Older Individuals Who Are Blind
Labor Market Information
America’s Career InfoNet
This site contains an array of general labor market information.
Self-Advocacy & Self-Determination
The National Gateway to Self-Determination Web Portal
This is a clearinghouse funded by the Administration on Developmental Disabilities (ADD), on resources, training and information on Self-Determination. This site is full of relevant materials, including a variety of powerful videos.
The Riot Rocks
This site includes an e-newsletter for self-advocates, with a goal to make readers laugh and feel good about life.
Easter Seals Project ACTION and the Community Transportation Association both support creating mobility for people. Their websites contain a variety of tools to assist with transportation.
- Center for the Study and Advancement of Disability Policy
- Disability History Museum
- National Arts and Disability Center
- Southeast ADA Center (formerly Southeast DBTAC)
- Council of State Administrators of Vocational Rehabilitation (CSAVR)
- Tips for First Responders When Interacting With Individuals with Disabilities